Steps to gain Town approval of your business idea:
– Contact the Zoning Enforcement Officer (ZEO) for a Site Plan Application.
– Fill out the Site Plan Application and submit it to the ZEO 15 days prior to the Planning Board’s monthly meeting in order to secure a spot on the agenda at their next upcoming meeting.
– After the ZEO has determined that your Site Plan Application is complete and complies with the Zoning Law he will forward it to the Planning Board for review.
– The Planning Board will contact you to have you attend their next meeting.
- Planning Board Meetings are held at the Town Hall Meeting/Court Room on the first Thursday of every month at 7 pm.
- At your first Planning Board meeting you’ll be required to submit 2 separate checks: One $100 check for the Application fee and one $30 check for the Escrow fee.
- Also, if you do not own the property on which you are planning to conduct the business on, you will need a letter from the owner stating you have permission to do so.
– If the Planning Board approves your site plan, you will then need to go to the Code Enforcement Office/Building Department and file for a Building Permit.
Sherry B True