Marriage Licenses are issued by the Town Clerk.
- You must obtain the license at least 24 hours before the ceremony or up to 60 days in advance.
- Proper identification is required (driver’s license and birth certificate).
- The fee is $40.
- Both parties must come in to the office in order to sign the document.
- If one or both parties were previously married, either divorce papers with a file date or a death certificate, is required.
- After the ceremony is performed, the license is returned and a certificate of marriage is issued.
- Additional certified copies are available for $10 per copy.