NO TRESPASSING: There is no trespassing on the Town of Cairo Highway Department property.
2020 Rabies Clinic Schedule at the Angelo Canna Town Park
October 2020 flu clinic
The Town Board Meeting will be held on October 5th at the Town Hall at 7:00 pm. COVID-19 Social Distancing and Safety Precautions will be in place. Seating may be limited.
Census Bureau Information:
2020 Census Online Self-Response: https://2020census.gov/
Operations Schedule: https://2020census.gov/en/news-events/operational-adjustments-covid-19.html
New York Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF)
The New York Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF) is a new economic recovery loan program aimed at supporting New York State small businesses, including MWBEs, nonprofits, and small landlords that have been excluded by other relief and recovery efforts, as they reopen after the COVID-19 outbreak and NYS on PAUSE.
The NYFLF targets the state’s small businesses with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees (90% of all businesses), nonprofits, and small landlords that have seen a loss of rental income. The NYFLF is specifically timed to support businesses and organizations as they proceed to reopen and have upfront expenses to comply with guidelines (e.g., inventory, marketing, refitting for new social distancing guidelines) under the New York Forward Plan.
Please see the attached flyers for more details and visit www.nyloanfund.com.
Greene County EDC to Provide Zero Interest Emergency Loans to Small Businesses
Cairo’s Water Infrastructure Project
Part of the $2.4 million dollar funding will be used to:
1) Secure a new water source for the Town
2) Replace the older and less efficient water pipes in Town
3) Replace any and all meters that are broken or not working
4) Upgrade the current water tank
The Town currently has secured grant money of $75,000 to be used towards the new sidewalks for Cairo
1) The Town has applied for another grant through DOT for additional funding
2) The sidewalk will run from the Elementary School down to Hannaford
Street Light Change Over
Work has begun on the street lights, when they burn out they are being replaced by more cost effect lighting.
Solar Farm Viability
The Town is considering allowing a solar farm on Town property to reduce the energy source and provide a source of revenue.
Substantial costs savings with changing the insurance plans for the Highway Department
The Town Board continues to review and improve standards, policies, & laws for the town while maintaining a fiscally responsibility
to the Town residents
Building and Code Enforcement
The building and code department has been actively enforcing the town’s building and code laws
In 2020 the Cairo Historical Society is once again opening up the application process for the Town of Cairo Hometown Heroes Banners Program, a living tribute to the servicemen and women from the Town of Cairo who served our country from the French and Indian War to the present day. Information and payment due by March 6, 2020.
Each individual banner will be unique and honor a specific Town of Cairo former or present serviceman or woman and will include their picture, branch of service and military conflict in which they served.
The banners will be 18 inches wide and 36 inches in height and be in full color. They will be displayed for the summer months every year, from mid May until mid October for as long as the banners will last. The banners will be hung in the village of Cairo as well as the hamlets of Acra, Purling, Round Top and South Cairo and along main thoroughfares.
· Serviceman or woman must have been born in the Town of Cairo or have lived in the Town of Cairo
· Serviceman or woman must have served in the United States Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard)
Ways to Sponsor a Banner:
· Family members or loved ones may sponsor a banner
· The cost of each banner is $250
· The Cairo Historical Society are the owners of the banners, will maintain custodianship of the banners and ensure they are hung each year
· Businesses may sponsor a banner for a particular Veteran by contacting Sylvia Hasenkopf at 518-821-3852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses who sponsor a banner will have their name as a sponsor on the banner.
The Town of Cairo has made the Pledge to be a Climate Smart Community and engage the Climate Smart Strategy for alternative, green energy sources. For more information on Climate Smart Communities go to their website: CDRPC