Cairo’s Water Infrastructure Project
Part of the $2.4 million dollar funding will be used to:
1) Secure a new water source for the Town
2) Replace the older and less efficient water pipes in Town
3) Replace any and all meters that are broken or not working
4) Upgrade the current water tank
The Town currently has secured grant money of $75,000 to be used towards the new sidewalks for Cairo
1) The Town has applied for another grant through DOT for additional funding
2) The sidewalk will run from the Elementary School down to Hannaford
Street Light Change Over
Work has begun on the street lights, when they burn out they are being replaced by more cost effect lighting.
Tax Assessment Grace Period
The town is looking pass a local law that would give property owners a specific grace period on the assessment
of their property when they have made improvements to their property. This will be done in early 2017.
Solar Farm Viability
The Town is considering allowing a solar farm on Town property to reduce the energy source and provide a source of revenue.
Reviewing an aggregation program reducing electric bills to residents by supplying an alternative electric supply source.
The Town Board will be establishing a dedicated building repair fund.
Substantial costs savings with changing the insurance plans for the Highway Department
The Town Board continues to review and improve standards, policies, & laws for the town while maintaining a fiscally responsibility
to the Town residents
Building and Code Enforcement
The building and code department has been actively enforcing the town’s building and code laws