Steps to gain Town approval of your business idea:
-Click the Site Plan Application at the right. After completing it, submit it to the Code/Zoning Enforcement Officer.
– After the Code/Zoning Enforcement Officer has determined that your Site Plan Application is complete and complies with the Zoning Law it will be forwarded to the Planning Board for review.
- You are required to attend the Planning Board Meeting. It is held at the Town Hall Meeting/Court Room at the Cairo Town hall, 512 Main St. Cairo, NY 12413, on the first Thursday of every month at 7 pm.
- If you do not own the property on which you are planning to conduct the business on, you will need a letter from the owner stating you have permission to do so.
- At your first Planning Board meeting you’ll be required to submit one check for $300.00 which includes all fees. For larger projects additional fees will be required.
– When the Planning Board approves your site plan, you will then need to go to the Code Enforcement Office/Building Department and file for a Building Permit.